> jumping into life.

« Home | The little grey cat appears to have decided to ado... » | Yesterday, a pair of howling voices in the dawn, n... » | One of the most meaningful parts of backpacking, f... » | Ah, but Chris, the oaks are dying.It hasn't rained... » | Then there is the second wave: when his sterile em... » | In the now-empty space that used to be filled with... » | Here are my options of a morning: I have a tea mix... » | Here is what I cling to: we always end up where we... » | My heart is a secretive thing, far more so than I ... » | I've been reading Zen again. Winter is the time fo... » 

2.13.2006 

I wake with the realization that I am sleeping through the night again; it has been months and maybe years since I have managed that. I take it as a good sign. By the time I begin my bike to school, my heart is nestled in small pleasures: the taste of homemade bread, budding cottonwoods, a few low clouds.


We pass each other on the final hill, and I am grateful for my bike - he is walking, and it would be so much worse to have to walk past each other. This way at least, I can zip by with only enough time for hello, and be well past before I crumple. I had forgotton he would be back already. (That is a lie.)