> jumping into life.

« Home | I've been reading Zen again. Winter is the time fo... » | The cycle is easy enough to predict: I am overwork... » | After the bike class today, I have grease all over... » | Things are speeding up. I filed my petition to gra... » | We spent the morning harvesting Hopi corn, pushing... » | Well. Autumn is here. A few weeks ago the clouds c... » | three days of summer classes left, then two weeks ... » | tuesday morning, second-to-last day of my week-lon... » | it was 118 degrees in phoenix when we were there t... » | my favorite line from the book i'm reading now: "I... » 

2.05.2006 

My heart is a secretive thing, far more so than I would like. It keeps its intentions hidden from everyone, including myself. It likes pain sometimes, just like the rest of me.



What I can't tell is whether I am sabatoging myself or finally being honest. I have wavered on and off for the whole of this past year, sharp vacillations between thoughts of marriage and thoughts of solitude. I am afraid of being alone, I know that much. I do love him, I know that much. We have a lot of fun, and we have a lot to learn. I have been pleading with my heart to open, to talk to me, tell me what it wants. In the end I have to watch my body and hope that it speaks the truth. I asked my dreams last night to tell me, and they may have.



I feel like I just chose to cut my arm off; after all, I just chose to break my own heart.



I think it's time to take a walk.