> jumping into life.

« Home | City. Loud. Overwhelmed. More soon. » | One reason why I'm glad to be going back to Tassaj... » | morning sits.the bell comes, louder than the creek... » | in my dream they are natives of some small village... » | I learned to play the guitar this summer. Or, I st... » | It is hard to get back into the rhythm of writing,... » | In high school, drag racing past the cheap motels,... » | Today it is blessedly foggy; four months of unremi... » | Listen: The monk rapped on the coffin, calling "Al... » | Lord, but it's cold out here. » 

9.27.2006 

In the morning, the fog sits so close to the window that I wonder if I've died. It wouldn't be so surprising, what with all the chaos I've waded through these last few days. But I haven't died, and instead I shave my head back down, zip my jacket up, and wade this time out into the world. The internal is still combusting: I burnt myself down to the ground again last night, a long long dig into what it means to be honest with love. There are shockwaves yet shivering through me and the shudder of the metro station is merely an echo. A sapling elm in an awkward backbend along the sidewalk, a flock of pelicans hanging weightily over the bay, the memory of a sunlit, sweetbreezed Washington road.

I started work today; I'll be moving in at Zen Center for the practice period on Friday. Then an all-day sit on Saturday: thank everything for that.