> jumping into life.

« Home | Listen: The monk rapped on the coffin, calling "Al... » | Lord, but it's cold out here. » | Suprise post!Home for a day, to see my little brot... » | Sego lilies and the smell of warm pines. We bounce... » | More crows here than ravens. Funny the things you ... » | Even though I'm only home for a few days, it's bee... » | One thing that Mother Culture does not teach us wo... » | After eight hours of driving, I look up from the U... » | A big weekend: today is my birthday, tomorrow grad... » | I ride on my good friend's red scooter;only one he... » 

9.13.2006 

Today it is blessedly foggy; four months of unremitting sun after most of two years of unremitting sun and I have been aching for weather. Once we all ran outside in the middle of work to gape at two clouds puffing their lonesome way across the sky. But today I am in the room I grew up in, looking out on a view as familiar as the inside of my eyelids. The room is exactly as it was when I left it four months ago, which is exactly as it was when I left it two years before that. It feels rather as though I was sucked into some time-warp and then spit back out just a few moments after I left. If it weren't for the monster hugs my friends here have been bestowing me, I would suspect that I dreamt the whole thing. That, and the fact that I've been dancing on the edge of tears every time a siren comes by, or a seagull, or a particularly good bite of heirloom tomato.

But I'm back! And I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.