> jumping into life.

« Home | in my dream they are natives of some small village... » | I learned to play the guitar this summer. Or, I st... » | It is hard to get back into the rhythm of writing,... » | In high school, drag racing past the cheap motels,... » | Today it is blessedly foggy; four months of unremi... » | Listen: The monk rapped on the coffin, calling "Al... » | Lord, but it's cold out here. » | Suprise post!Home for a day, to see my little brot... » | Sego lilies and the smell of warm pines. We bounce... » | More crows here than ravens. Funny the things you ... » 

9.22.2006 

morning sits.

the bell comes,
louder than the creek.
we tumble into our brains;
hardly have the echoes faded
and I am babbling. silent,
but babbling.

the jays repeat
their morning mantra.

I greet my fear,
my desire,
my anxious mind:
am I late?
too early? will my feet smell,
what socks
to wear,
will I have coffee, or tea?

not until the end bell rings
do i realize

i am awake.

[written 5/19]