> jumping into life.

« Home | Sixth day, Rohatsu sesshin. Rohatsu means, essenti... » | When I say that I've changed over the last year, i... » | Dawnlight. The bricks glow orange, the trees are s... » | Blessed fog. I open my window wide to let it in. R... » | When the days curled over each other in the long s... » | Clouds! » | There is a secret heart that breaks inside of me. ... » | The man I love is not a man of poetry. He has a na... » | My roommate has a list beside her bed of things th... » | Leaving the office for lunch today, I ran back ins... » 

1.02.2007 

Back in Arizona after the first 12-hour driving day of many to come between California and Vermont. Here it is crisp and cool and the registrar isn't sure why I never recieved my diploma. There is some snow on the mountains, and some ghosts hiding in the juniper flats. Too many people to see, too many places tugging me towards them. Instead I take a nap - interrupted by the Jehovah's Witnesses - drink too much tea, and try to write. Sun through the oak outside and the ficus inside, deep blue sofa, cashmere blanket, a long haul ahead. Perhaps another nap is in order.