> jumping into life.

« Home | Dawnlight. The bricks glow orange, the trees are s... » | Blessed fog. I open my window wide to let it in. R... » | When the days curled over each other in the long s... » | Clouds! » | There is a secret heart that breaks inside of me. ... » | The man I love is not a man of poetry. He has a na... » | My roommate has a list beside her bed of things th... » | Leaving the office for lunch today, I ran back ins... » | If I ever got up every morning so regularly over s... » | Grey sky finally to counter a week of blue. I know... » 

11.15.2006 

When I say that I've changed over the last year, it is true but not accurate. At least, it doesn't feel like change, so much as it feels like I've dropped my leaves, lengthened my roots, and dug in deep. Winter's coming. All summer was good growing time, and I gave myself a good pruning. Things have dropped away, but when I look closely I see that they weren't really mine; weren't really me. As Nina puts it, the pencil lines on paper beneath the paint. I almost wrote pain - that's true too.