> jumping into life.

« Home | On the drive to Colorado last month, my friend and... » | What struck me the most was a day at the Farmers' ... » | I am gut-tired. My desultory attempts at packing o... » | How much, after all, does language shape being? A ... » | For the record:Packing sucks. » | Signs of life:1.A grey blur flashing past my head ... » | The scent of rain through an open window, and I am... » | and all the hurtsi thought i had let pass through ... » | As is, I suppose, appropriate for National Poetry ... » | Women's magazines usually make me want to throw up... » 

5.03.2006 

I ride on my good friend's red scooter;
only one helmet
and she wears it.

The air a perfect sweetness:
wind on my toes,
wind on my hair.

Holding to her with my thighs,
and just touching with my arms
to her jacket.
We sing loud
over the rush of wind.

I am not a risk-taker,

but today I ate
a piece of chocolate, slowly,
and at the red light I think
Well,

if death comes, I am ready.