> jumping into life.

« Home | Too much milk in my coffee always makes me want to... » | My parents tell me of rain, storms that build offs... » | A small crowd of girls asked my actresses for auto... » | Morning comes early. I wake disoriented, as usual,... » | ...and then one of our actresses doesn't show up t... » | The truth is, I'm exhausted.I woke this morning to... » | "I am more and more sure by experience that the re... » | I felt it the most strongly just after I got back ... » | A change of scene. » | The photo in this post makes me want to move North... » 

2.28.2006 

Morning slides open grey and slow; I smile to the sky, but I am not without reservation. I've had my dry heart broken too many times these past few weeks by clouds that hover and later clear. As I walk to class, it smells like rain coming, but I close my senses against the hope. Ah, but miracles come from above: I leave class to a soft sprinkle, which becomes a drizzle as I walk to the library. It slows to nothing as I write this, but the wind is rising and I have promises from the coast.


The geraniums on the library windowsill are straining to the pale light, improbably bright splashes of green and pink against a world reduced to winter grey and muted gold. And life goes on.