> jumping into life.

« Home | no great tradgedy, no fallen stars. just a lot of ... » | happy birthday, dragoneyes. i'll be drinking in yo... » | home again, in my parents' crazy house, my sibling... » | i have been vacillating between being ridiculously... » | when i don't wear deodorant for a few days, my sme... » | thick dark clouds bubbling at the southern horizon... » | dishes done, house vacuumed, grocery shopping shop... » | because my class got out six hours early today, i ... » | in other news, i found a pepsi bottle, a half-full... » | i don't want to talk about it. » 

3.20.2005 

some fourteen hours straight, minus forty-five minutes for dinner at denny's and several stops along the way to let the dog run around. the hills all bursting green, mojave in bloom, a hail shower to welcome us home. today spent quiet with wendell berry and peppermint tea. loneliness and intermittent rain. no food in the house; i'm thinking of fasting anyway. it's spring and things are changing, everything shifting. i can feel it in my blood, moving. i find myself wishing that i'd spent spring break here, alone, or out in the woods. i find myself reluctant to go back to school: can't i just wander around with my hand lens and my new exciting book, or putter about in my garden, or sit on the porch swing with a cup of coffee and my notebook, writing?