> jumping into life.

« Home | i'm just over 20,000 words now, though they aren't... » | a few things between the completion of my first th... » | 15,000. forgive me if i'm not writing much of anyt... » | today i was startled to realize that there are onl... » | ten thousand. » | what?! i mean, WHAT?! [via sixfoot6] » | this is what i love about my school: in my biology... » | five thousand words! only 45,000 to go. dear god. » | here's an interesting map: county-by-county, with ... » | and, as i'd promised, here it is: my novel. you'll... » 

11.21.2004 

a quietly perfect weekend: rainy and stormy and windy, my very favorite weather. i spent the morning at home, making a book and writing (25000!), then had a wonderful dinner with friends. we made four huge pizzas (artichoke hearts, peppers, mushrooms and onions; pineapple, mushroom, onion and half chicken with barbeque sauce; tomato, onion, garlic and avocado, and i don't remember the fourth, peppers and onions and lots of cheese, maybe) and drank lots of wine, then had a wonderful after-dinner conversation about sexuality, gender, and love. i spent the night there, snuggling with my friend tim (after a very, very long discussion about why i was nervous about just spending the night and snuggling). in the morning we had cold pizza for breakfast and drank green tea and watched the storm. after a while we decided to rent a movie, after which i came home to do my homework. we'd rented supersize me, and so for dinner tonight i made myself a big pot of rice and lentils and potatoes, with spinach and chili and garam masala, and tamari-roasted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and peanut butter, and a salad with more spinach and tomatoes and avacado and walnuts and pecans. and that made me feel less like i needed to fast for a week. and now i'm going to work on my paper for natural history, and listen to ani and the rain.