> jumping into life.

« Home | James Watson thinks everyone over 40 is boring. An... » | Fall is here, and winter coming. It has been years... » | This is the most beautiful thing I've seen all wee... » | (This time, we used a food mill.) » | There beneath the bodhi treehe cradled me in his l... » | Starting work sort of screwed up my internal clock... » | A few nights ago I had a conversation with my youn... » | The afternoon was given to me: a two hour massage ... » | In the three days' cave, I invite the neighbors' c... » | Suddenly, I could not eat anything that I did not ... » 

10.05.2007 

Sometimes, my heartbeat becomes uncomfortable, too much. I don't mean this as metaphor. Sometimes it is like being in a small room with a loud noise, trapped in that four-chambered room with the screen door banging, banging, banging in the wind. And then I get to thinking about the heart itself, the dark and ochre muscle of it, pumping on and on. Aren't you tired, little heart? Sometimes I want to give it time to rest, just a night of solid sleep. Sometimes I feel sorry for it, working so hard. How can it work so hard?