> jumping into life.

« Home | All my corners ache: shoulderblade, collarbone, hi... » | April, then.Is this spring?It must be - the willow... » | The land is a language I have only just remembered... » | I wake to the sound of rain; for a moment, I think... » | I tend to speak distance in time. Ask me how far f... » | It isn't even so much about the food itself - last... » | I cross my heart, or it crosses me. Who can tell? ... » | Weather shifts like a snake in new skin. Just nort... » | At lunch, I choose an empty table, because I don't... » | Hey folks! If you're here from Creek Running North... » 

4.12.2006 

Words are slow for me, sticky like honeycomb and sore as muscles. Usually, inspiration breeds inspiration in my mind: the more I write, the more I have to write about. But not tonight. Tonight they are a gift I have already given away, to poems that aren't meant for idle eyes, to murmured, helpless sounds of consolation. I've used them the best I know how, and they are tired. I'm tired, too.